Monday, December 28, 2015

Southwest Happenings

Since the last blog entry, I’ve attended some pretty epic things here in Albuquerque.

The first that leaps to mind is the LanternFest, which though I’d never heard of it, sounded kind of cool - so I went.  Apparently they put these festivals on all over the country, but if there isn’t one near you, find out where they are and go.  It was one of the most fun and amazing things I’ve ever done.

There was live entertainment... 






each attendee received a box filled with goodies (s’mores ingredients included!) 






and a lantern that you get to light and watch float off into the sky with thousands of others.  









Like I said…EPIC!

A little time passed and I once again I visited the River of Lights at the Albuquerque Bio Park and Zoo this holiday season.  If you haven’t been…go.  It’s truly lovely.  I was ooo-ing and aw-ing all over the place. While it was relatively cold outside, I was bundled up and trotting around the Bio Park like a little kid in a toy store.  It was like I’d see one thing, trot over to shoot it, turn around and trot over to the next thing and shoot it.  Talk about being a pin ball.  It would have been a really funny video.

Unfortunately, I neglected to put that image folder into Dropbox (since I’m out of town for the holidays) and can’t share them here.  : (


Winter Sunset at the Coronado National Monument

The last thing I did before leaving town to spend the holidays with my boys was to visit the Coronado  National Monument for a Christmas celebration.  While Coronado was a pretty bad guy, the site and ruins are very cool. The only word I can think of to describe it is, historic.  There was a local choir and the snack table was manned by some one of our military members.  Many of the decorations were the traditional southwest faralitos and lined all the walking paths.  At the end was a huge Zia symbol - outlined in faralitos.  All in all, really a nice night.



















Although I’m not native to the southwest, we really do have some pretty cool stuff here in Albuquerque.  Especially during the holiday season.  Plus, there’s always Chocolate Dude to warm you up afterwards with the best latte and champagne truffles in town!



Until next time…





Please also stop by and visit my fine art website at  www.kathleenmessmer.com, my commercial website at www.kmphotographic.cominstagram.com/kmessmer53 for fun stuff, and kathleen-messmer.artistwebsites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment